1. Heat oil in a pan, fry fish until cooked. Set aside.
2. In a separate pan, saute ginger, onion, garlic, bell pepper.
3. Add vinegar, sugar, and DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce. Simmer for 2 minutes.
4. Add water then season with salt. Cook for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
5. Top fish with sauce right before serving.
When frying fish, heat the pan over medium to high heat. Place the fish in the sizzling oil and allow to cook. Do not keep turning the fish to achieve a nice color and also to avoid damaging the skin and delicate flesh. When properly cooked, the fish will release itself from the pan without need to scrape the bottom.
This Fish Escabeche recipe is high in protein needed for growth and development, and vitamin C that helps fight common infections.