1 hr. and 10 mins.
1. Boil chicken in reserved pineapple syrup with salt until cooked. Drain then slice. Reserve stock.
2. Using reserved stock, add water, potatoes, and salt. Boil potatoes until tender. Drain; cut each piece into two. Set aside.
3. Sauté bacon until crispy. Drain and crumble. Set aside.
4. To make dressing: Combine all ingredients in a covered jar. Shake until well blended.
5. Combine all ingredients for salad (except bacon and lettuce). Pour dressing and toss. Chill. Top with bacon just before serving. Serve on a bed of lettuce.
Doneness of the potato can be tested by piercing it with a fork. The potato is cooked if the fork slides in easily.
This salad is a source of vitamin C that helps fight common infections and aids in wound healing.