1. Season the beef with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a pot and brown the beef on all sides.
3. When browned, set aside and add the vegetables into the pot to brown.
4. When the vegetables have browned, add the beef and DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Mechado Sauce and cook for 3 minutes while stirring continuously.
5. Add water and simmer until tender.
6. Remove meat from the pan, then add the dissolved DEL MONTE Quick 'n Easy Gravy Mix and simmer until thick.
7. Turn off the heat and add the butter.
8. Pour over sliced beef.
It is best to use cheaper cuts of beef that have a lot of connective tissues (litid) and fat for long cooking because they do not dry out and remain moist and tender.
This recipe is high in protein which is essential for growth and development. It is also high in iron that is needed for normal metabolism and niacin that keeps the digestive and nervous systems healthy.