8 hrs. and 25 mins.
1 hr. and 38 mins.
1. For Curing: Boil water. Add salt, sugar and salitre then mix until dissolved. Cool. Strain. Place pork in a bowl. Inject mixture into the meat then massage. Place in a covered plastic container including excess curing mixture. Refrigerate overnight, turning meat 4 times.
2. Drain meat. Discard curing mixture. Inject meat with DEL MONTE Pineapple Juice.
3. Place pork in a pan together with all the ingredients for cooking. Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for 40 minutes, turning once.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Drain meat, reserve stock. Coat meat with mustard, pat with brown sugar. Transfer to a roasting pan. Bake for 40 minutes.
5. Bring the stock to a boil. Add dissolved cornstarch and simmer until thick. Serve with ham.
6. To serve, top the ham with pineapple slices. Drizzle sauce on top to make it glossy.
Use non-iodized salt in the curing solution. Iodized salt, when used for curing, will leave a metallic after taste to the ham.
This festive dish is high in protein which is neccesary for growth, development and repair of body tissues. It is also high in calcium that is needed for strong bones and teeth.