1 hr. and 15 mins.
1. Combine ingredients for marinade. Marinate bangus for 20 minutes in the refrigerator. Drain and reserve marinade.
2. Sprinkle bangus with cornstarch. Fry until golden brown. Set aside.
3. Simmer remaining marinade uncovered for 5 minutes or until thick. Strain. Pour sauce over fried bangus.
4. Salsa: Mix all ingredients including remaining pineapple syrup. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
5. Top the bangus with fried garlic. Serve with salsa on the side.
Strain the sauce to remove any bits of the fish left in the marinade and any impurities or proteins that solidified while heating the sauce. Proteins from the raw fish may mix with the marinade as it sits and will solidify when you heat the marinade.
This dish is high in vitamin B1 that helps release energy from food. It also contains niacin that keeps digestive system healthy and helps maintain normal structure of the skin.