1 hr. and 5 mins.
1. Mix all ingredients for marinade.
2. Using half of the marinade, marinate the beef for 1 hour.
3. Start by making a pineapple base by skewering the DEL MONTE Pineapple Slices with 2 pieces of barbecue skewers. Skewer 3 pieces of sliced beef. Add another piece of pineapple then continue until all of the pineapples and beef have been skewered.
4. Roast in a turbo broiler at 250°C (482°F) for a total of 40 minutes.
5. For the sauce, simmer the remaining marinade. Add the cornstarch mixture. Simmer until thick and season with salt.
6. To assemble, slice the beef and pineapples into strips. Place in a flour tortilla. Drizzle with sauce and top with cilantro.
Layering the pineapple in the roast helps keep the meat moist. The juice of the sliced pineapple keeps the roast juicy and at the same time flavorful.
This Pineapple Carne Asada dish is rich in iron which aids in the formation of red blood cells that carry oxygen all over the body. It is also rich in vitamin B2 that plays a role in energy production and maintenance of healthy skin.