1. Sauté onion and garlic in oil.
2. Add the pork and cook until pale brown in color and liquid is reduced.
3. Add soy sauce, DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, bay leaf, and water. Cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
4. Add carrots and potatoes. Simmer for another 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
5. Add all-purpose cream and melting cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Lastly, add green peas. Serve.
To keep your green peas a vibrant green color, add the peas into the pot but do not stir. Cover the pot with the heat turned off, and let the pot sit for a couple of minutes before serving.
This Creamy Cheesy Menudo recipe is rich in protein and vitamin A. Protein is necessary for growth and development, while vitamin A helps form and maintain healthy skin, as well as skeletal and soft tissues.