1. Heat the olive oil and sear the pieces of longganisa. Once cooked, reserve 3 pieces for the topping then slice the remaining longganisa into chunks. Set aside.
2. In the same pan, sauté the onions until it starts to caramelize then add the garlic. Add half of the red and green bell peppers then mix in the tomatoes.
3. Add the white wine and allow to evaporate. Add the cumin, paprika, coriander, and chili flakes.
4. Add the DEL MONTE Tomato Paste then cook until lightly toasted then add the DEL MONTE Original Style Tomato Sauce, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to make sure all the toasted bits are incorporated into the sauce.
5. Add the lemongrass and water then season with salt, pepper, and sugar. Simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Top the dish with the remaining red and green bell pepper, longganisa, egg, and parmesan cheese. Bake at a preheated oven for 10 minutes at 200°C.
7. Garnish the dish with potato, arugula, lemon wedges, and freshly cracked pepper.
8. Serve with pan de sal.
You may also use garlic longganisa for a less sweet casserole.
This recipe is rich in iron and vitamin A. Iron is essential for the functioning of enzymes that remove unwanted substances in the body while vitamin A helps maintain healthy skin and normal vision.