8 hrs. and 20 mins.
3 hrs. and 18 mins.
1. Marinate beef in DEL MONTE Quick n Easy BBQ Marinade, reserved pineapple syrup, and garlic overnight in the refrigerator. Drain and reserve marinade.
2. Sprinkle beef with flour then cook in oil until brown. Set aside.
3. In the same pan, sauté onion, then add back beef. Add reserved marinade and water. Cover and simmer over low heat for 2 - 3 hours or until meat is tender.
4. Add rice wine and DEL MONTE Pineapple Chunks. Simmer for another 2 minutes.
5. Stir in potatoes and carrots. Top with sesame seeds and leeks.
As the stew simmers, brown foam will rise to the surface. Take out the foam that might add a "malansa" taste to the dish and will make the sauce cloudy.
This recipe is high in vitamin A that helps maintain normal vision and healthy skin, as well as helps strengthen the immune system.