1. Season squid with calamansi juice and salt. Fry for 3 minutes. Set aside.
2. Boil tahong in water until shells are just opened, discard half shell and reserve stock.
3. Combine DEL MONTE Quick n Easy Kare-Kare Mix mixture with sitaw, ginger, and drained banana heart in pan. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add shrimps, taba ng talangka, and tahong. Stir. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add pechay and squid. Simmer for 3 minutes or until cooked.
Squid becomes rubbery when overcooked. Fry the squid just until it changes color to prevent it from becoming tough and unpleasant to eat.
This local dish is rich in iron that is needed for normal metabolism and calcium that helps make bones and teeth strong.